Monday, May 11, 2009

Life is Good in Caronport


Yesterday Jenn and I enjoyed a funny evening with my little sisters. We had a scrumptious meal of chicken tacos and super soggy salad (it was soggy, but it was super!), played some volleyball, had a roaring bonfire complete with marshmellows, smores, banana boats, and impromptu song composition (always a favorite on these sorts of nights). It struck both me and Jenn how much my three little sisters have grown up. All my life, or perhaps more accurately, all their lives, I've referred to these three as "the little girls." But that seems to be less and less accurate as time goes on. They are now funny, witty, skillful, intelligent, grown-up young woman. Who would have guessed this could happen in such a short time! The great thing is, even as everybody gets older and figures out what they want from life, we can still sit around a fire and sing about silly things like a smore named Jim who just wants to swim, or a songful salute to "counsellors and supporting staff" at camp. Life is good in Caronport.

No comments: